Going green can seem like an insurmountable task if you do not know where to start. Here are a few ideas and tips to get on board the green movement, curb the increasing costs of energy, and do what you can to save the environment at your office or home.
- Solar Lighting. Switch your outdoor lights to those that are powered by solar energy. They are usually cheaper and much easier to install on the outside of your home or in your garden. Not only will they make it harder for potential criminals to enter or vandalize your office or property, but they’ll save you money on energy bills.
- Wind Turbines. Small wind turbines on the roof of your home or office will generate electricity as the wind blows, lowering the costs of heating and running appliances. The initial investment on larger turbines can be pretty steep; smaller ones are usually quite affordable and can still take a large chunk out of your total energy costs monthly.
- Adding a skylight to a few rooms in your home or office space can add a healthy, bright, natural light without the high costs of keeping lights on all day. The natural light also provides you with a continuous infusion of vitamin D, which can be an issue in dark locales. These also work well in bathrooms, giving off a nice glow while you shower in the morning.
- Solar Water Heating. You can almost entirely eliminate the monthly costs of heating water by installing a solar water heating system. Try using less heated water as well, like washing your laundry in cold water and hanging clothes to dry, eliminating baths, and taking shorter showers.
- Bio-Fuel. Powering your vehicle with an easily accessible bio-fuel source can ensure that your vehicle stays economically efficient and environmentally conscious. Ethyl fuel sources are some of the best and can be gotten very cheaply, or even free.
- Solar Covers. Using an electric heater for your pool is a terrible waste when you could be using a solar cover. It uses the continuous heat of the sun to keep the water at a comfortable temperature without becoming a major strain on your electric bill.
- Find and use the tax return and rebates to continue to expand your green energy solutions. Improve your green project library every year. Think about using solar panels for certain tasks, as well as geothermal energy tactics. With the money you saved, these projects will seem much more reasonable. These methods can help remove your home or office from the electricity grid, making you less reliant on fossil fuel sources.
Improve Your Quality of Life
So many options currently exist for a greener energy in your home or office, regardless of whether you are working with a small or large budget, a huge space or a tiny one. Any green idea, from the miniscule to the monumental, will improve your quality of life and the world around you.